13.2.09

Valentines Day!

.
I’m glad I’m single on Valentine’s Day. I can get heaps of cards without having to explain anything to a jealous male!

That’s assuming of course I get lots of cards this year. But then I’ve done rather well in the past after all.

One card I know I’ll get will be from my Daddy. I know it sounds odd, but there’s a good reason for it. When I reached thirteen or so he decided that his little girl would never suffer the disappointment of a Valentine’s Day without a card dropping on the mat. I didn’t realise it was him for years, but even though I get more than my fair share each year, he’s kept the tradition up and I LOVE it!

Last year I had a card with this verse in it

How do I measure
The love I have for you?
I thought, while idly watching
A sparrow sippin' dew
And as I pondered thoughtfully
I gave my head a rub
And then I thought "Oh sod it
I'm going to the pub!"

Now I wonder who that was from Keith?

We’ve had great fun at school this week. All the kids in my class have made Valentine Cards. Some are excellent and some are a little rude! We gave them a whole lot of verses to chose from and write inside like

What kind of flowers do you never give on Valentine's Day? Cauliflowers!

What do you call a very small Valentine? A Valentiny!

Anyway, they put then in envelopes unsigned, and now they are sitting in a pink cardboard mail box which we’ll open Friday before they head off home.

The best thing about Valentine Day for me though is finding chocolates and flowers outside my door. I have to admit I prefer the chocolates to the flowers but that’s natural isn’t it!

This year four of us are going out for a meal together. We’ll have pink champagne and sexy food like asparagus and oysters, and we’ll have a giggle at all the lovey-dovey couples billing and cooing across candlelit tables.
And then we’ll raise our glasses to being single and loving every minute of it! (until Mr Right comes along!)
.
.
.

2 comments:

  1. your plan sounds good and i hope you gets lots and lots of choccies....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a woman with a sense of adventure.

    Hang on a minute?
    Where is my card?

    ReplyDelete